Skip to main content

NO WORRIES, MATE

 


Wrote 1,750 words today. 

Swept and mopped the kitchen and dinning room floors before Ian brought Midas over around 6 PM.

Ian never got around to taking Midas to the vet. He thinks he's okay, even though he still isn't eating much.

Ian didn't look well. He looked puny, like he's lost weight since Tuesday.

He complained his throat hurts too much when he swallows, so he isn't eating well.  He also complained about being really tired, not having any energy.

Covid sucks.

It's 9:30 PM and I'm ready for bed.

Midas suddenly started barking at the front door. Ian did not lock it when he left. So I've been sitting here all this time with an unlocked door.  

I've been out in the backyard several times. Someone could have slipped in and hidden in one of the bedrooms.

Surely Midas would be throwing a much bigger fit if a stranger was inside the house.

He doesn't look worried. Neither am I. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So Proud of My Son

           On September 30, 2022, my son, Ian Kennedy, opened his business, Naughty Axes Playhouse , at 4407 SE 29 th Street, in Del City, Ok. I'm so proud of him. The place looks great. Especially when it was all decked out for Halloween. He and his partners built all the targets, lanes, and remolded the interior of the building themselves. They did a great job. I didn't even realize my son knew how to use a hammer for anything other than demolition. I had such a great time during their Grand Opening. Throwing sharp objects at stationary targets is really a fantastic way to relieve stress. It's great exercise. Especially for tightening up those flabby underarms. I am bound and determined to become efficient enough to enter a tournament. Wonder if they have a Senior's division in pro axe throwing competitions? Not only is he starting his own axe throwing business, he's also starting his career as a comedian. He's already performed at the B...

Hugo, No Go

There has been a lot of backlash, bitching, and bulling over the 2015 Hugo Award Nominations.  I am so sad over this whole Sad Puppy shit.  Frankly, my dears, I don't give a damn about an author's politics. If I am offended by their writing, I will not continue to purchase said writing. No one forces anyone to read anything that offends them.  No author should encourage censorship.  I don't know if the nominations were fair, on the up and up, or deserve a big boo from the peanut gallery. I do know they got a couple of the nominations right.  Congratulations to a few fellows I know personally, like profoundly, and admire professionally:   Jim Butcher, Lou Antonelli, Mike Resnick, Jim Minz, and Brad W. Foster.  Y'all rock! Good luck! My favorite nominations for the 2015 Hugo Awards: Best Novel: Skin Game , Jim Butcher (Orbit UK/Roc Books) Best Short Story: “On A Spiritual Plain” , Lou Antonelli ( Sci Phi J...

Learning the writing trade

Norman Galaxy of Writers presents “Using Your Five Senses in Your Writing,” an interactive workshop by Sherry Bynum Date:                 October 6, 2012  Place:         University Lutheran Church, the Soul Room                   914 Elm Ave., Norman, OK Register:    9:45 a.m.   Program:  10 to noon Cost:          $10.  Limit:  25 participants This is a workshop! Bring writing materials—and your five senses! Park behind the church on College Street. Want more information? Contact Sherry Bynum, 405-364-7818, 401-2410, shebyn@sbcglobal.net . Limited Enrollment—Please Pre-Register